Where do the most refugees come from?
Last year, almost 70.8 million people around the world were forcibly displaced as a result of conflict, violenmore
10. Burundi: 439,300 in 2018, an increase from 387,900 in 2017. Pictured: Refugees from Burundi who fled violmore
9. Eritrea: 507,300 refugees, up from 486,200 a year earlier. Pictured: Eritrean refugees watch a movie in a more
8. Central African Republic: 545,500 compared to 590,900 during 2017. Pictured: A man lies on a mattress at amore
7. Democratic Republic of the Congo: 720,300 refugees, a slight increase from 2017. Pictured: Congolese familmore
6. Sudan: 724,800, up from 694,600 in 2017. Pictured: A woman who told police that she and her family were frmore
5. Somalia: 949,700, down from 986,400 a year earlier. Pictured: Somali refugees waits to board a UN plane bomore
4. Myanmar: 1.1 million, about the same as in 2017. Pictured: A Rohingya refugee boy walks in the Balukhali cmore
3. South Sudan: 2.3 million people, declined from 2.4 million in 2017. Pictured: A South Sudanese refugee chimore
2. Afghanistan: 2.7 million refugees, compared with 2.6 million a year earlier. The UNHCR notes the Afghan refmore
1. Syria: 6.7 million in 2018, an increase from 6.3 million in 2017. Syria has been the biggest country of orimore
Developing countries shoulder a disproportionate amount of responsibility for hosting refugees, according to the UNHCR. On World Refugee Day, a look at which...
Thousands of Venezuelans cross into Peru despite a crackdown on migrants without passports or visas meant to stem the flood of immigration from their...
Highlights from June 19 at the Women's World Cup in France.
Highlights from June 18 at the Women's World Cup in France.