Which countries take in the most refugees?
Developing countries shoulder a disproportionate amount of responsibility for hosting refugees, according to tmore
10. Jordan: 715,300 people, up from 691,000 in 2017, with the vast majority coming from Syria and 34,600 frommore
9. Ethiopia: 903,200, an increase from a year earlier, with nearly half coming from South Sudan, as well as simore
8. Bangladesh: 906,600, down from 932,200 in 2017, almost entirely refugees from Myanmar. Pictured: Rohingya more
7. Lebanon: 949,700, declining slightly from 998,900 a year earlier, with most individuals from Syria and somemore
6. Iran: 979,400, remaining unchanged from 2017, with the vast majority from Afghanistan. Pictured: Iranian amore
5. Germany: 1,063,800, an increase from last year. More than half the refugees were from Syria, and countries more
4. Sudan: over 1 million, growing 19% from 2017 with refugee arrivals from South Sudan, Eritrea, Syria, Centramore
3. Uganda: 1,165,700, a decline from 1,350,500 in 2017. The country hosts some 789,000 refugees from South Sudmore
2. Pakistan: 1.4 million, similar to last year. The refugee populations is almost exclusively from Afghanistanmore
1. Turkey: 3.7 million, up from 3.5 million a year earlier, with 98% of the refugee population arriving from Smore
Thousands of Venezuelans cross into Peru despite a crackdown on migrants without passports or visas meant to stem the flood of immigration from their...
Highlights from June 19 at the Women's World Cup in France.
Highlights from June 18 at the Women's World Cup in France.
Highlights from the 2019 MTV Movie and TV Awards.