Reuters - Video

エディション: US | UK | IN | CN | JP

video

Argentina says search for missing sub has been "tripled"

2017年 11月 20日 Monday - 01:19

Argentinian officials say the search effort for a submarine missing in the South Atlantic has been ''tripled''. No reporter narration.

▲ ストーリーを隠す

ストーリーを表示する

(ROUGH CUT - NO REPORTER NARRATION) Officials at Argentina's Mar del Plata naval base said that the search effort for a submarine missing in the South Atlantic had been "tripled" on Sunday (November 19). "I want you to know that we have tripled the search effort, both on the surface and underwater with ten airplanes; we have 11 ships from the Argentine navy, from municipalities, and from countries that have collaborated with research ships such as Uruguay, Chile, Brazil, Peru, the United States, and England," said the base's spokesperson, Gabriel Galeazzi. Argentine naval captain, Hector Alonso noted that the Argentine navy's other submarines would be of little use in the search. "What is needed is what is in the area, above all boats with multi-beam sonar, to be able to do the search properly," he said. A storm on Sunday (November 19) complicated the search for the sub, as authorities tried to verify that recent satellite calls seen as a sign the sailors were alive came from the vessel.

リンクをコピーするには:URL上で右クリック後「コピー」を選択。モバイル端末では、URLを長押ししてください。

Argentina says search for missing sub has been "tripled"

2017年 11月 20日 Monday - 01:19